Sunday, March 23, 2008

More knitting content

Considering this is a knitting blog, it seems appropriate that I post more. . . well, knitting.


How is this for a bad knitblogger? I get a pair of socks almost totally completed, but don't blog about it. This isn't ravelry infidelity either, I'm posting it to Ravelry at the same time as I'm posting it here!


*sigh*

But I love the way these are turning out I never would have expected the yarn to pool into cool stripes the way it did, but I love them. They're made from Cascade Fixations Sock yarn, and they're soooooo comfortable.

In other news, I loved the yarn I'd made for trade to another raveler so much I had to make more. So I made three 150 yard skeins of it.



So why are there only two in this picture? Well, I had made them last week, and took them to market with their high but totally fair price tags on them. It was amusing watching people ooh and ahh over how pretty, how soft the yarn is, then turn their attention elsewhere when they see the price tag.

Actually, that really made for a couple of great sales when they saw my "recycled sweaters" skeins of yarn (sold two of those)

But the reason there are only two in that photo? One sold! To an awesome friend from the dojo who found by blog, and then fell in love with that hank of yarn! So for the kickoff to Farmer's Market, I think I did pretty darn good!

No comments: