Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas 2008; the presents

In the unfortunate wake of a LYS going out of business, Mom ended up buying me enough yarn to provide me with stash for at least a year. This is partially Christmas and partially for my *gulp* 30th birthday. . .

I have plans for some of it, and the rest I'll let speak to me.

This will become a Samus.

This pile of 100% alpaca will become a soft lacy cardigan.

This pile of alpaca/merino/silk will be a tomato sweater, but with different stripes

Socks

Socks

And more socks!
I don't have any specific plans for the various single skeins of Cascade, but Mom also got me 101 one-skein wonders, so those go well together!

And Mom Kass got me some seriously awesome yarn, it's called Kauni and it has super long color repeats. There's a pattern for a sweater which uses two skeins simultaneously, alternating and letting the colors change against each other. It'll be easier to show, once I cast that sweater on!

No comments: