Sunday, February 27, 2011

Warning: Cuteness Ahead

My Sister-in-law, Amanda, is a fantastic photographer.

Seriously!  Go look at her Facebook Page!  (boy I hope she has some permissions open on her FB page.  If not you'll just have to trust me that she's a fantastic photographer!)

Anyway, me being the fiber artist I am, and she being the photography artist she is, he kindly bought me a pattern for a cute little giraffe hat for her to use as a prop in her photography.

It was a fun crochet, yellow cotton and cashmere accents.  The same cashmere as I'd made into a hat for my niece Ally.  The only part that wasn't fun was the finishing parts, and being all picky about actually having the horns and ears symmetrical. 

The ball of roving I used to prop it open makes it look a little wonky, but it does lay out evenly.

Mailing this off to her on Monday!  These may well end up in my Etsy shop, since the pattern did come with permission to sell.  Anyone interested?

No comments: