Wednesday, January 26, 2011

New year, Better Blogger

New year, New Layout, New goals. 

Like the new layout?  Apparently in my bad blogging times Blogger came up with all sorts of new tools for making a blog look cool.

My goal is to blog at least once a week.  If nothing else than to keep up with knitting (and other) projects I'm working on.  I do like the slightly cliched WIP Wednesday, so let's start with that. 

The most awesome Jackie of Feathers for Pleasure has been cleanin out her Mom's attic, and keeps coming across spinning stuff.  She came by with a bag full of comercially prepped wool that I'm guessing is Corriedale.  So I dyed some of it in a gradient and made a Tappan Zee


It's about 99% done, all blocked and the ends woven in, I'm just searching for the perfect buttons.

I also finally finished Jeff's absolutely gorgeous hand processed hand spun sweater!


Man does it look good on him!

This is how I spent my past Sunday, with more of the commercially prepped corriedale, a cup of coffee and my favorite spinning wheel.



After our friend Phil had blinged it out!


I haven't yet decided what the brown wool will turn in to, but I will certainly have a lot of it.  I'm currently filling the 7th bobbin.  While Ashford bobbins aren't the biggest, at the thinness I'm spinning, there should be somewhere around 200 yards on each bobbin.  I'm planning on a 2-ply, so it should be a sweater's worth of yarn!

Ooh, maybe I'll ply it with the reddish roving I got from SAFF.  Stretch it just a little more, and have a gradiented yarn like I made the Tappan Zee out of. . . hmmmmmmm.

How's that for blogging?

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

The cardigan is really beautiful!