Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Knitting content

I like knitting.  No big surprise for those who have been reading my blog.  I'm a pretty quick knitter too.  A few shots of my favorite things I've knit since I last posted!

I knit this bad boy in 9 days.  Part of the Winter Olympics knitting challenge.  Lovely cables and a gorgeous sweater on me. 

This sweater is a mix of handspun (the yoke) and commercial yarn (everything else)  Another quick knit, and the amount of handspun I had was exactly perfect for that yoke!  I used every last inch of it, save what was needed to tie off the ends.

Also handspun.  The yarn was intended for a different project, but things change and now it's mine all mine!  I have enough left to knit a fitted vest as well, I think.

I've knit kilt hose before, but I found a particular lace and cable and bobble pattern that I really wanted to use for the cuffs. . . Let me enlarge the detail for you.

Now I just need to find someone who wants to wear them :-D

And finally, here's what I'm working on now:


The picture doesn't do it justice, this yarn is heavenly and a lovely soft gray/green.  I know a really talented photographer, I may ask for some better pictures at some point.


I've also been spinning a LOT.  Unfortunately I seem to have given myself a bit of a RSI and need to change up my knitting style.  I should take a group photo of all of my handspun yarns, and start knitting with those bad boys!





No comments: