Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Tofutsies done!

Oh so pretty!

I even bought shoes to show them off!


Yes, I do realize what a knitting geek I've become, that I'm buying shoes for the express purpose of showing off my handknits.

The pattern is my own, with my original (I think) idea of doing a crocheted toe and heel. Very comfy. Best thing about it? It used exactly half the skein! I still have about 50 grams left of a 100 gram skein. So you know what? I will be getting a second pair out of it! yay! I think I am going to try with size 1 needles, and I may do a short-row heel, just to be able to say I tried something else. And who knows I may like it even better.

2 comments:

Jo said...

I like that! The crochet makes the stripes do interesting things.

Cute shoes. ;)

String Bean said...

I just bought a new pair of shoes to show off my socks, too. :D The Tofutsies look great!