Tuesday, July 31, 2007

WIP!

So pictures will be up tonight, but I've been making good progress on my Tofutsies socks. They are pooling oddly, and despite a palindromic sequence to the yarn and using it from the center and outside of a center pull ball, the two socks are pooling very differently. That's alright, tho. They look adorable and feel like buttah when I try them on. I have just put in the afterthought heel, but at this point I've only used about half of the cake of yarn! yay!. I may even end them as anklets and make a second pair in the same color.



I've also made good progress on my felted vest. The sleeve stitches have been picked up and purled, and I'm in the process of a 3-needle bind off to finish the edges up. I have about 1/3 of a cake left over in blue, and I'm contemplating making pockets and felting them separately, then attaching to the sides, about where the seam would be if it were a sewn pattern. Hee hee, essentially they'd be knit on mittens! Input on that idea?



Hm, I just noticed that because I have beige carpets and the contrasting color is also beige, that you can't really see the edge on that sleeve. Oh well, click on the image to see it bigger, then the detail shows up.

No comments: