Thursday, April 3, 2008

In New Orleans

Today's the fourth work day for me in New Orleans. I was going to try to make blog posts on a near-daily basis, but still don't have a wireless card for the laptop I was given. Ah well. I have made a lot of progress on my sock, and will probably finish the toe tonight, then start on the second one.

I can totally see how people get second sock syndrome. I really would rather start on a different yarn. Not that the tofutsies I"m working with isn't great, and I'm glad I started with it. The yarn is beautiful and the sock is coming out really well. But then I look at the other skeins of yarn I brought and think, well, maybe I can start on a different sock next. Unfortunately all of the sock patterns I have are for size 1 needles, so I can't switch between the two.

The next time I come down I will have to plan ahead better.

Speaking of which, I'll probably be coming down here again during mid May, then it sounds like the entire project may be slowing down enough they may not need me. I'll keep people posted and hopefully be able to post pictures soon!

No comments: