Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Finished




They greyhound wheel is finished, and I couldn't be happier. Eric did a fantastig job on the woodburning, and the staining went very well. I have captured pretty much every common color for a greyhound here.
The wheel still spins fantastically, I've been getting used to the quirks, and getting those around me used to the whirr whirr as it goes. It does have moments of silence, where it's still spinning, but for some reason blisfully silent. I have to figure out what's doing it and if I can make it do that more!
Oh, and with as much work as I put in to this wheel, I decided I really needed to name it. So in keeping with pulling from Lewis Carroll's "Jabberwocky" for naming greyhounds, I am naming it Whiffler.

1 comment:

Lindaspins said...

Saw your comment on Ravelry about the greyhound decorations...I'm green with envy! This is exactly what I've been wanting to do with my hitchhiker ever since I got it! Mine has a purpleheart treadle and I want to do the greyhounds in a matching color.
It's just gorgeous...I am inspired!