Monday, February 11, 2008

More spinning!

The wonderful Anne of the Hillsborough Yarn Company wound off my blue yarn into a cake, so now I present to you a side-by-side comparison of the yarn in hank and cake form!



I can't wait to spin this up. I just have to decide if I'm going to be a big girl and make it into socks for my loving and deserving husband, or if they'll be mine, all mine! muhahahahahah!

I also spun up a very lovely hank of yarn in worsted weight for MarisaL of Ravelry. She has a very fun yarn she wanted to trade, which is four-ply that starts off white, but one ply takes up dye at a much faster rate. Very cool stuff indeed.


I am totally in love with this yarn. One ply is long sections of grey or brown, and the other is medium-long sections of blue, green and white, alternating. Then spun up all six different combinations came together. This is the before wash picture, I'll have an after wash picture eventually. And of yourse you'll see pictures of the very cool dyed yarn, once I get it.

I'm definitely going to have to try my hand at making this yarn again, though.



Yes Mom, I have been working on your spinning. In fact, the bulky bobbin is almost full! I'm really liking how it's turning out, and used a lot of techniques for color change in the yarn for trade that I"m using in spinning up your yarn. I just want to get it done before you get up here so I can hide it! ;P

No comments: