Monday, July 25, 2011

Tour de Fleece, Fin

Today ends the Tour de France, and therefore the Tour de Fleece.  My goal was to spin the first bit of merino and tencel, which I did.  I then decide I wanted to also spin up the Island of Misfit Toys roving as well.  I am nearly done, but still plying since it decided it wanted to be a fine fingering weight 2- ply.  I couldn't be happier with the way this yarn is coming out though!  Nice and even, and it comes across as a striped tweed.


  So would I consider this TDF a success?  Absolutely.  My goals were to improve my spindling and to spindle every day.  I worked on a new technique (pseudorolagging) and then simply enjoyed the process of spindling.  I got a lot of interesting looks and had the chance to educate people on the process of making yarn by hand.  So yes, absolutely a success and I look forward to next year!

No comments: