Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Economic Stimulus

My economic stimulus check arrived, and I decided that Jeff and I should make good use of it. In NOLA, of course I spent quite a bit a quarter stitch and I spent a bunch at the Scrap Happy Quilter as well. Couldn't touch on that one though so I didn't spoil the surprise for Mom!

CIMG1309

It was a fun little quilt shop, and I ended up with a bunch of fat quarters, some for me, some for Mom, and a book which uses fabric coiled around clothesline, then sewn together to make bowls and purses and stuff. It sounds neat!

Then this past weekend I visited my favorite yarn shop in GA, The Oconee Yarn Company. She was having a sale, and oh boy did I stock up.

First, she had a box of yarn which was comprised of partially used skeins. They were marked $1 each, and I pretty much bought her out of natural fiber skeins.
CIMG1368
CIMG1367

These skeins all feel pretty full. I'll have to weigh them tonight and see just how much got used, but I really don't think that much at all was pulled out of these.

Then I stocked up on some fun sock yarn.

More of the Cascade Cotton
CIMG1366

Some really neat self-striping yarn that will make flag socks
CIMG1360

Some Berroco Sox, something new!
CIMG1364

Some Cascade 200 Superwash for finishing Mom K's felted vest. It's a slightly mottled brown, which is exactly what I was looking for. I think it goes really well with the bright yellow which is the body of the vest.
CIMG1365

And
CIMG1363
a
CIMG1362
Few
CIMG1361
Tofutsies!

Can you tell I liked working with the Tofutsies yarn? Heck! I'm even planning on making socks for Jeff's paddle-feet with it!

My mom also gave me some wool which was donated to her Project Linus group, but since it's wool they can't use it. I'll make a blanket on my USM as a donation of time for this. It's really nice, and back when Red Heart made wool! It's a bit scratchy, but I'll figure something to do with it.
CIMG1359

No comments: